Liberapay is a recurrent donations platform.
We help you fund the creators and projects you appreciate.
People who contribute to the commons need you to support their work. Building free software, spreading free knowledge, these things take time and cost money, not only to do the initial work, but also to maintain it over time.
Liberapay's recurrent donations system is designed to provide a stable crowdfunded basic income to creators, enabling them to keep doing great work that benefits everyone. Ready to contribute? Then let's get started:
Are you a creator of commons? Do you make free art, spread free knowledge, write free software?
Yes? Then Liberapay is for you! Create your account, fill your profile, and ask your audience to financially support your work.
How it works for donors
1. Set up a donation
- Find someone you want to give money to, then choose an amount and a period (weekly, monthly, or yearly).
2. Add money
- On Liberapay donations are funded in advance. You have control over how much money you put in and when. Adding more money at once results in a lower percentage of transaction fees.
3. Keep your donation funded
- When your account no longer contains enough money to fund your donations we send you a notification via email so you can add money again. Or you can discontinue your donation.
How it works for creators
1. Create your account
- An email address is all you'll need. No PayPal account required.
2. Fill out your profile
- Explain what you do, why you've chosen to ask for donations, what the money will be used for, etc.
3. Reach out to your audience
- Contact the people who benefit from your work and ask them to support you.
How it works internally
We rely on your support to keep Liberapay running and improving.
Donations from businesses and nonprofits are welcome on Liberapay. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.
215 user accounts have been created in the past month. The most recent was 2 hours ago.
161 new donations have been started in the past month, increasing total weekly funding by €153.75.
48 new pledges have been made in the past month, adding €20.84 of weekly donations waiting to be claimed.
€608.50 were transferred last week between 525 users.